Commercial Real Estate Analyst
Townhouse Partners is a boutique consulting firm providing commercial real estate finance and capital market services working with many of the world’s top lending institutions, owner/operators and hedge funds.
We are looking for entry level Commercial Real Estate Analysts to join our team in July 2024. We welcome those graduating this summer to apply.
We guarantee a fast‐paced and challenging environment where the successful candidate will learn the ins and outs of commercial real estate finance. You will become part of a group of Analysts with the ultimate responsibility of supporting Associates and Managers with the underwriting process.
- Underwriting commercial real estate transactions and preparing market analysis reports.
- Perform complicated financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis in Excel.
- Review and analyze legal documents and third-party reports as part of the due diligence process.
- Review historical CMBS transactions and update market assumptions.
- Create and maintain financial models in Argus.
- Manage multiple client and vendor relationships including communicating via email, phone and at on site meetings.
- Position is currently based in Midtown Manhattan, but may be based on site at clients located in the Metro area.
- Travel required, as needed (< 10%).
- Additional responsibilities, as needed.
- Experience working with Excel VBA, Bloomberg Financial Research Portal, and other CRE software and technologies including, but not limited to, REIS, Argus and CoStar.
- Excellent quantitative, organizational, interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Accounting preferred, but all disciplines will be considered.
- At least 2 years of experience in a financial analysis role or related position and/or including at least 1 year of experience in the commercial real estate industry in a research or analytics role. Internship experience in the aforementioned areas is acceptable.
- Knowledge of the commercial loan underwriting process and ability to create underwriting models.
- Familiarity and/or experience with credit rating agency methodologies.
Townhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, skin color, gender, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual preference or any other factor prohibited by law and our code of ethics.